My July 4th planning is underway. I try to come up with recipes that are Red, White and Blue.
As I was going through recipes, I ran across this one that I haven’t made for a long time but it used to be a favorite. It has the salty sweet thing going on, which I think makes it so good.
Sorry my photography isn’t professional but it is a good recipe 🙂 Here you go~
- 1 1/4 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine (melted)
- Mix together & pat in 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. cool whip
- 1/2 Cup powdered cup
- Blend together at low speed and spread over (cooled) crust.
- 6 oz. strawberry jello
- 10 oz. pkg frozen sliced strawberries
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 1/2 cup boiling water
Dissolve jello in boiling water, add strawberries until unthawed, add pineapple. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Pour over cream cheese. Refrigerate until set.
Enjoy! Have a wonderful and safe holiday! Debbie